My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Blue Shoots Ltd is a provider of high quality kitchenware, including a large range of cookware, cutlery, kitchen knives, knife sharpeners, toasters, kettles, blenders, food processors and mixers, a wide selection of aprons and so much more. Key brands available include Sabatier, Stellar, Magimix, Zyliss, Dualit, KitchenAid, Judge Vista amongst others. For More Information Visit : www.blueshoots.com

Friday, April 13, 2007

Silicone KitchenTools

Silicone Kitchen Tools Can Really Take the Heat

Cooking and baking tools that can take the heat, now that’s a great concept. I decided to break into this new line rather small, I bought a spatula. And boy was I impressed. I can’t wait to branch out to silicone muffin pans, which feel and look like rubber that you can twist, and presto, muffins should pop right out!

I’ve put the spatula through a trial run, and after a year, it still looks new. And yes, I did use it! It has no missing corners; which was usually the case with the old style, which melted away with use. Silicone baking tools have longer handles, and are dishwasher safe.

But their best feature is that the silicone is rated to withstand heat temperatures without melting. However, these ratings vary by manufacturer. My spatula is rated and labeled to withstand 450 degrees.

I’ve noticed that some have higher heat ratings of 900 degrees. However, the handles or other parts may not be heat resistant.

They are also resistant to discoloring, and cool down very quickly. As far as pricing goes, they are just slightly more expensive than their counterparts, but with their great features, they’ll be around a lot longer.

Original Source: http://shop-silicone-bakeware.com/Blog/?p=11

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home