My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Blue Shoots Ltd is a provider of high quality kitchenware, including a large range of cookware, cutlery, kitchen knives, knife sharpeners, toasters, kettles, blenders, food processors and mixers, a wide selection of aprons and so much more. Key brands available include Sabatier, Stellar, Magimix, Zyliss, Dualit, KitchenAid, Judge Vista amongst others. For More Information Visit : www.blueshoots.com

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

How Many Ways Can You Use A Pizza Cutter?

This may not be news to you but guess what, “A pizza cutter does more than just slice pizza”!

I was cutting some toast for one of my daughters one morning and the pizza cutter with its new homemade cardboard scabbard was still out from the night before so I decided to see how it would work on toast. To my surprise, it worked beautifully.

So then I tried it on my other daughter’s egg-in-hole and again it performed like a charm. I now figured I was on to something.

For the record, if you make your own pizza or buy frozen commercial brands like DiGiorno, a pizza cutter is a must. It just makes slicing a pizza into kid-sized slices that much easier. Not that we eat a lot of pizza in our house, but it is a staple when we go out and have babysitters who are early on in their culinary education.

So now I’m thinking what have I been missing all these years and what else might this circular blade be used for cutting. I’m on a mission to see how many unique and interesting ways one can use a pizza cutter besides slicing pizza.

I figure I’m not the first one to think of using a pizza cutter for other kitchen chores so I invite you to share some of your favorite ways you have utilized this handy kitchen gadget.

Original Source:
http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/blog/archives/146

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home